26 April 2015

Makeup Revolution Pro Go Mini Brush Set Review

A bit of a different post for you today. Those of you that follow me on Instagram will have seen that I put pictures of my makeup buys up to see if anyone has tried them and what they thought. I've started to get a few requests to do reviews on the items that I bought so I thought that I would give it a go and try to branch out from just nail art. Especially since I have no inspiration for nail art at the minute so I haven't been posting very much.

My first post is on a Makeup Revolution item and they are quickly becoming my favourite makeup brand! They sell incredible quality products for really affordable prices.

When I placed my most recent order last week, the Pro Go Mini Brush set had just launched and I had to have it! I didn't realise quite how tiny the brushes are though, they're only around 3 inches in length which is tiny. They come in a little pouch that you can keep them in if you carry them in your handbag or take them on holiday with you.



From the website:


Our Pro Brushes go mini! Made with the finest synthetic hair, these mini brushes are just what you need to keep your makeup flawless on the go. 

Mini foundation brush for use with liquid concealer
Mini Face brush to apply powder and touchups throughout the day
Mini Eyeshadow brush to touchup or reapply your eyeshadow 
Mini Angled brush for your eyeliner or brows! 



All of these brushes are very soft and feel great quality for the price. They have synthetic hair, with black handles and rose gold writing and ferrules (metal parts). 




Mini Face brush - I personally use this for my foundation. The soft bristles spread foundation really easily but the coverage is a little sheer compared to when I use my Real Techniques brushes to apply foundation. But this is probably due to the fact that the Mini Face Brush isn't as dense as my usual brush.



This brush can also be used for powder (which I don't use so I can't test) and also I also really like this brush for highlighter. It's a little small for me to use for blush as I really like the big fluffy brushes.



Mini Foundation brush - Personally, I think that this brush is far too small to use for foundation. But, this is the perfect size for me to use for my under eye concealer! The soft yet somehow still firm bristles blend my concealer out perfectly.



Mini Eyeshadow - This brush is the perfect size for my eyelids. I have small lids with hooded eyes so a lot of the usual eye brushes are too large for me to use neatly. This brush applies product beautifully. I have so far only used this with Makeup Revolution eyeshadows, but I'm assuming that they have been designed specifically for their shadows. The bristles pick up a good amount of product and applies smoothly with no fallout.



Mini Angled - This brush is a little too thick to use with eyeliner (especially on my small lids) but it's the perfect size to use for lower last line. Again, this picks up the perfect amount of product and applies beautifully. 



This brush set can be picked up here for £4.95.

6 comments:

  1. Great post! Can't wait to read many more of your beauty posts☺️
    I hope you enjoyed it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! Seems to have gone down quite well so I'll have to do some more! 😊 x

      Delete
  2. What a fantastic post! This sounds like such a good set of brushes to have in your handbag. I didn't realise that they were so teeny tiny though! How cute! I'm so excited to read more makeup posts from you :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I didn't realise they were so tiny either but I quite like them! They're cute and surprisingly easy to work with! This one's gone down quite well so I'll have to do some more! :) x

      Delete
  3. Such a cute mini brush set - I love makeup revolution x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! So affordable and such good quality!

      I like your blog too :) x

      Delete