5 May 2015

Makeup Revolution Essential Mattes 2 palette review

This eyeshadow palette is one of the Redemption palettes - the Essential Mattes 2!  I'm a big fan of matte eyeshadows, I think that they're perfect for everyday day looks or for me to wear for work. This palette is full of neutral matte shades which should be perfect for almost everyone.



The packaging is sleek and simple - black with a window on the lid so you can see all the colours. I find this really useful as it means that I can identify which palette I've grabbed without having to keep opening them up. The only slight downside to me is that this palette came with a double ended eyeshadow sponge. Personally, I'd have preferred a brush, but for £4 I can't really complain and I just use my other brushes to apply.

There are 12 shades in this palette ranging from skin/flesh toned nudes at one end, through to some slightly smokier colours in the middle and then darker shades at the other end.


These swatches are in the same order as they are in the palette. You can see that the 4 lighter shades don't show up very well on my arm but they are lovely on the lid. They're perfect for just evening out your lid if you have any discolouration, or for highlighting. The other colours show up much better and I will usually use these in my crease and the darker ones under my eyes.

The shadows can create a little powder when you use your brush in them, but there is no fallout when you apply these to your face. The shadows are buttery and smooth and they blend out perfectly! I'm no expert when it comes to eyeshadow (oily lids are a nuisance) but since I found a primer that works, I wear shadow almost every day.

Since this palette dropped through my door, I've used it almost every day. The shadows are incredibly easy to work with which just makes this palette so easy when I have 10 minutes to get ready for work.

Do any of you have any Makeup Revolution palettes?

6 comments:

  1. Such pretty colours, if I didn't already own like a bajillion eyeshadows I'd so be all over this palette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think you should get it... They're only £4!

      Delete
    2. I think I have pretty much dupes of them all though, I never look at eyeshadow any more because of the amount I own. I think I'll just stick to buying their lipsticks for now

      Delete
    3. Aww that's a shame! Definitely keep getting the lipsticks though! The blushes are quite nice too :)

      Delete
  2. I love this review, it's so good to see them swatched and they look lovely. I currently own the Iconic Pro 2, Iconic Elements & Iconic Romantic Smoked palettes and love them all :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I think I'm going to get a couple more palettes! They're so good and I can't stop using this one hehe xx

      Delete