20 June 2016

A Small Colourpop Haul

I've been eyeing up the beautiful eyeshadows by Colourpop for a very long time. But they don't ship over here and the cost of using a mail forwarding service seemed like it would be too expensive to do on my own. Luckily, my friend Rachel over at The Beauty Is A Beast had decided that she was going to do a Colourpop order and she said I can join her if I like and we'd split the fees! She organised everything so I'm not quite sure of how everything worked. We used My Mall Box and this is basically just a room in a warehouse that you can have your order sent to. I believe that if you do multiple orders, they'll even repackage them into one box so that you only pay one shipping fee!

My order came to 26USD which is around £18. Then with the Colourpop shipping, the Mall Box shipping and then I think Rach sending it over to me through Royal Mail, it all only came to roughly £26 which I think is amazing!

On to the products!




I picked up three Supershock eyeshadows at $5 each. I'd originally wanted Animal but that was sold out so I got Erotic instead along with Wattles and Belladonna Lily. I also grabbed a Lippiestix in Topanga and an Ultra Matte Lip Cream in Beeper.

Everything came in adorable packaging that's a mixture of white with brightly coloured accents and holographic writing.

Colourpop

These are the three eyeshadows that I picked up. As you can see, they come in cute little jars with see through lids that are very useful! It means that even when I'm not wearing my contacts, I can see which colour I'm grabbing for. They also have an adorable, almost honeycomb shaped, pattern printed on the the top of them.

Colourpop

Left to right - Erotic, Wattles, Belladonna Lily.

Erotic - 'Super neon candy apple red with sparkling pink and copper glitter. Let your freak flag fly with this baby. Totally x-rated, makeup junkie certified.'


This is an incredibly bright eyeshadow! The website says it's a neon red but it's almost pink on my skin tone. Either way, I love it!



Wattles - 'Waddle on over and check out this dusty beige pink in a Satin finish'



This is exactly as the description says! A gorgeous pink beige shade that's perfect either on it's own or mixed in the crease with another shade on your lid.



Belladonna Lily - 'You’ll look like a lily in this soft pastel aqua in a Matte finish... but hopefully you won’t smell like one'


Again, this is exactly as described! It's a lovely aqua that isn't too blue or green and it really pops over a white base!




Next up is my Topanga Lippiestix - 'A mid-tone dusty coral in a Satin finish - You’ll love this like Corey loves Topanga.' This one is more pink than I would normally go for but it's absolutly gorgeous on! It's one of the few pinks that actually suits my skintone and when you mix this with a formula that not only stays put for a few hours but wears away evenly, and I think I have a new favourite pink!


And finally here's Beeper - 'Call me, beep me, if you wanna reach me in this warm mid-tone taupe.' This one pulls quite dark on me but I love it! It's a perfect neutral for me and I'm going to get a lot of wear out of it! This also lasts amazingly well! I tested it on a workday which means that I applied this at around 8.30am. After eating breakfast, lunch, snacks and drinking goodness knows how many cups of tea, this was still pretty much in tact at 5pm with no touch ups! That is amazing for me and I need more of these!


My only slight gripe is the next of the bottle. Normally there is almost a stopper to stop product leaking out. I don't know if it's because the formula is very liquidy, or if it's just not the right size, but these do leak slightly. And you also end up with it all up the stick part of the brush. I personally wouldn't trust this in my bag if I have no way of standing it up as I have a funny feeling that it may leak.




Here are the swatches!

Left to right - Erotic, Wattles and Belladonna Lily




Left to right - Topanga and Beeper

The formula on the eyeshadows is also very strange. It's almost mousse like and they're very soft. This means that once you've used them, you lose the pretty patter as they just sink under your brush. You can see this better below. 



What should I try next from Colourpop because I'm definitely doing another order!

No comments:

Post a Comment