2 June 2016

My Custom Crowd Colour Palette - Review and Experience

I've been wanting to purchase a custom palette from Crowd Colour for a while and I finally bit the bullet last month. I went for one of the space design and chose this gorgeous one! I decided that I didn't want any writing on mine and just a picture.

For those of you who haven't heard of Crowd Colour, they are a website that offers personalised Z Palette style palettes. These come in either black or white and in small, medium or large. I went for a large black one and then added my customisations afterwards.

The price point on these is very reasonable, my large palette cost me £16 plus around £3 postage which is similar to Z palettes.


The palette itself feels very sturdy and I personally feel this palette is better than my Z Palette as the Crowd Colour version has a large mirror in the lid. 

As you can see, I've used mine for my depotted and hand pressed shadows (post coming soon on how I do this) and it's nearly full already! Oops!


However, even though this palette is fantastic quality, I'm not sure that I personally would purchase from Crowd Colour again. I placed my order on 14th May and the site said I should have my order within 7 working days. This meant my order should have been with me by 23rd/24th May. By this point I hadn't received a dispatch notification so I tweeted them on 25th and got told I would be responded to the following day. I also sent them an email letting them know I was worried as I hadn't received my palette yet. I didn't get the response the day after but my palette arrived a few days later after being posted out on the 25th (when I complained). To date, I still haven't had any acknowledgement or response to either my tweet or email checking that I have my palette.

I've ordered from many brands in the past, both mainstream and indie and this is one of the worst customer service teams I've encountered. Customers shouldn't be ignored and it wasn't just my tweet either.

So based on the lack of dispatch info and poor customer service, I think I might stick to plain Z palettes in future. Which is a shame as this palette is stunning just let down by poor CS.

2 comments:

  1. I hate when this happens, poor CS is a brand killer and these brands need to know that word will spread. It's a shame as I was considering getting one at the beginning of this post, now I'll also stick to Z Palettes.
    Vicky xx
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's a shame! Another blogger got one and she was fine, but I hate bad CS! I need to buy another one already... Oops! Xx

      Delete