24 July 2016

Girl, Missing - A book review

Press Sample



I've always loved reading, even from an early age. My parents used to read to me each night before bed and it wasn't long before I was reading the books by myself! 


Since getting a full time job, reading books slowly slipped away due to a lack of time and I missed it. There's nothing better than curling up in bed with a good book, or chilling in the bath with one. 

I've recently started reading again (though admittedly mostly on reading apps) and I was thrilled when I was contacted for a book campaign. I said yes and a few days later, Girl, Missing by Sophie McKenzie dropped through my door. I was so excited that I actually jumped up and down and squealed a little! 



This is the 10th anniversary edition of the book and the cover is beautiful. Pastel blue with little almost stick figures everywhere. The title and some of the figures also stand out from the book which is a little detail that I really like!


This book has won 8 awards including the Red House Children's book award. It's classed as a young adult thriller and I would agree with that. It is written more towards the young end but the story line is fantastic! It had me gripped as soon as I picked the book up. This book is definitely suited for adults as well as teenage readers but it won't take you long to read. 

The blurb: "Lauren has always known she was adopted but when a little research turns up the possibility that she was snatched from an American family as a baby, suddenly Lauren's life seems like a sham. How can she find her biological parents? And are her adoptive parents really responsible for kidnapping her? She manages to wangle a trip across the Atlantic where she runs away to try and find the truth. But the circumstances of her disappearance are murky and Lauren's kidnappers are still at large and willing to do anything to keep her silent…"

This isn't my usual style of books - I normally read more sci-fi/fantasy based books but I am so glad that I read this book. It reminded me that I shouldn't stick to just one genre of book and I'm definitely going to be reading more thrillers from now on!

To buy: http://bit.ly/29iVRCn

This was item was sent to me for honest review. All opinions are completely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment